[mythtv-users] Welcome to the "mythtv-users" mailing list (Digest mode)

Nemo Inis nemoinis at telus.net
Mon Mar 26 17:00:30 UTC 2007

On Mar 25, 2007, at 7:39 PM, Siva Alagarsamy wrote:

> Hello,
> I was wondering if the mythgallery slideshow can play some music in the
> background. It will be cool if it can automatically pick a
> slideshow.mp3file under the photo directory and play it in the
> slideshow mode.
>
> Thanks,
> Siva

AFAIK it can't.  A workaround for me when I want a slideshow with
music, is to launch a second instance of mythfrontend (it helps if you
have an xterm running in the background but you could also add an entry
to mythtv's menu to do it), in which I start mythmusic and play
whatever I want there.  Then I Alt-Tab back to the mythfrontend that's
running the slideshow and all is well.  When the slideshow is done I
switch to the other mythfrontend and terminate it. Clunky but it works.

You could also achieve the same result by running any media player you
want in the background instead of mythfrontend - but I wanted to use my
mythmusic playlists.