[mythtv-users] Gyration

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Mar 26 14:15:25 UTC 2007

On Mar 26, 2007, at 7:56 AM, Adolfo R. Brandes wrote:

>   Has anybody used the Gyration Media Center Remote with MythTV?  Does
> it work?  I don't mean the huge IR one, I mean this:
>
> http://www.gyration.com/en-US/ProductDetail.html?
> modelnum=GP2000001&accshow=3

I don't use that particular one, I use the GC15CK keyboard and gyro
mouse, they are 2.4 Ghz. RF devices and they both work fine, just
make sure you have USB HIDs configured into your kernel. I think I
paid $99 for the keyboard/mouse combination.

The mouse I have has nowhere near that many buttons, but I suspect
it's pretty similar in operation.

I suppose you could possibly run into interference with 802.11
devices but I have the Gyration receiver about 2 feet from my
wireless router and I've never had any problems, running on channel
1, not the default 5 or 6 that most APs use out of the box.

Brian Wood
beww at beww.org