[mythtv-users] frontend "ringbuffer" size?

Andrew Gallatin gallatin at cs.duke.edu
Mon Mar 26 13:10:28 UTC 2007

I've recently started using a remote frontend connecting to my old
combined front/backend via wireless.  My 802.11G network is just
barely able to handle HD.  In an hour-long HD program, I'll see a
handful of 5 second "freezes" which I assume are wireless related

Is there any way to increase the amount of buffering that the frontend
will do?  I've seen the "HD Ringbuffer size" setting, but from the
description, it seems to pertain to the backend, not the frontend.

Thanks,

Drew