[mythtv-users] Scaling HD on a SD-only frontend?

Phil Bridges gravityhammer at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 12:40:44 UTC 2007

I recently built a new SD-only (as of now) frontend based on a XP2500+
feeding a SD TV through an AGP nVidia 5200.  SD plays fine (exepct for
a little overscan-tweaking).  I tried playing a HD file, and it didn't
stutter.  Unfortunately, it was only playing the left side of the
output - I'd presume it was the upper-left 640x480 of the file.  Is
there any way to have Myth and the video card scale this output to
640x480 on the fly for this frontend?