[mythtv-users] rebuttal from the linuxmce video guy

Justin Hornsby justin.hornsby at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 07:36:01 UTC 2007

The video IS misleading IMHO - at no point do you clarify that it's
very much geared towards specific hardware - it's up to the viewer to
work that one out which is going to cause the kind of dissent you've
seen.  I know it's all too good to be true, like it's not gonna
autodiscover all the IR codes for my TV etc, but others aren't so
savvy.

That said, I think it's a good step forward.  Maybe make a new video
but go easy on making light of MS products (I mean, who cares about
them).  Don't demonstrate what other apps *can't* do - concentrate on
what yours *does* - anything else will just come across as very bitter
& unprofessional.

Overall though I can't say I was 'wowed' by the video at all because I
don't see how well it'd work in real life - for example how all the
info on screen will remain readable at armchair distances on my
SDTV...  I guess the only way to find that out is to test it myself.

Regards,
Justin
--
Justin Hornsby
Creator of ProjectGrayhem, blootube and neon-wide themes for MythTV