[mythtv-users] no menu on mythfrontend

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Mar 26 05:14:11 UTC 2007

On 03/25/2007 09:54 PM, Christopher Holmes wrote:
> I was having some problems with things locking up, so I did a yum
> upgrade to get the latest RPM's.  After sorting out kernel driver
> dependencies, fire up the frontend and get a blank blue screen.
> There's nothing suspicious in the log files.
>
> When it starts, I see the "scaling images" msg.  If I hit ESC, I get
> the get the "Are you sure you want to exit?" prompt.  Running
> mythtv-setup looks the same.
>
> Got any ideas?

As Jason said, your video card isn't properly configured.

To prove this is the issue, run:

export HOME=/home/mythtv
mythfrontend -O ThemePainter=qt

from a console (fix the mythtv user's HOME as appropriate).

> I'm using the Retro theme.  Anyone know how to change it to the default?

When you change to that theme, it becomes the default (i.e. it remembers
what options you select in settings--it "sets" them in the database)...
Not sure what you mean.

Mike