[mythtv-users] VFD Display

Mark Bell markb at pilgrim.com
Mon Mar 26 01:50:00 UTC 2007

> > Sent: Sunday, March 25, 2007 8:04 PM
> > To: Discussion about mythtv
> > Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] VFD Display

> > > I used this HowTo http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/LCDproc
> > >
> > > Followed this to the t and looks like everything works except for
> Mythtv
> > >
> > > And apparently it is not loading on reboot because I have to
> modprobe
> > > lirc_imon to turn it on but myth still does not work.
> >
> > Hidden away somewhere in the lirc instructions is the little gem
that
> > you must have the lirc items as the first entries in
> > modprobe.conf...otherwise lirc does not load properly. Although most
> > modules will 'call' for their dependencies, lirc does apparently
does
> > not. My modprobe.conf has (lines 1 to 3):
> >
> > alias char-major 61 lirc_i2c
> > alias char-major-61 lirc_dev
> > alias char-major-61 lirc_imon
> >
> > Regarding *what* the VFD displays, I have a file /etc/lcdproc.conf
> which
> >    configures that. I have "Streams = T" to get the time, etc.
> >
> > Geoff

After a complete reinstall of Mythdora and LCDproc 0.5.1
This is what I get at boot

*Starting Service LCDd: imon: Error opening /dev/lcd0 (no such file or
*directory}
*Imon: Did you load the iMon VFD kernel Module?
*Driver [imon] init failed, return code <0
*Could not load driver imon
*There is no output driver

I was under the impression that the imon driver was included in LCDproc?

I tried installing the standalone version of the IMON_VFD
But the make fails