[mythtv-users] lirc almost

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 01:39:32 UTC 2007

On 26/03/07, Claude Gélinas agr. <claude at phyto.qc.ca> wrote:

> I didn't touch anything about these files:
>
> -rwxr-xr-x  1 mythtv mythtv     6927 mar  3  2006 .lircrc
> lrwxrwxrwx  1 mythtv mythtv    20 fév  5  2006 lircrc
> -> /home/mythtv/.lircrc
>
> as irw show me all the button I push I suppose yes also mythtv was
> running fine on that machine before upgrade and recompiling.

Only other LIRC issue I can think of offhand is a difference in the
remote name between /etc/lircd.conf and ~/.lircrc - but if the files
are the same, this is unlikely to be the reason.

> But what do
> you mean by 'older mythtv' I've installed the latest from rpm:
>
> rpm -qa |grep mythtv
> mythtv-0.20-154.fc6.at
> mythtv-frontend-0.20-154.fc6.at
> mythtv-backend-0.20-154.fc6.at
> mythtv-setup-0.20-154.fc6.at

Revision 11252 of MythTV added support that "Makes myth try ~/.lircrc
if CONFIGDIR/lircrc doesn't exist.". Before this, if ~/.mythtv/lircrc
was missing, your remote would not work in MythTV.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/