[mythtv-users] VFD Display

Mark Bell markb at pilgrim.com
Mon Mar 26 00:40:27 UTC 2007

Mythtv

> > And apparently it is not loading on reboot because I have to
modprobe
> > lirc_imon to turn it on but myth still does not work.
>
> Hidden away somewhere in the lirc instructions is the little gem that
> you must have the lirc items as the first entries in
> modprobe.conf...otherwise lirc does not load properly. Although most
> modules will 'call' for their dependencies, lirc does apparently does
> not. My modprobe.conf has (lines 1 to 3):
>
> alias char-major 61 lirc_i2c
> alias char-major-61 lirc_dev
> alias char-major-61 lirc_imon
>
> Regarding *what* the VFD displays, I have a file /etc/lcdproc.conf
which
>    configures that. I have "Streams = T" to get the time, etc.
>
> Geoff

I did finally get it working yesterday. But I was having some issues
with the backend starting. So I said what the heck I'll just reinstall.
Well now I cannot get the darn display working again following the same
instructions I followed before. I can get it to echo commands I get it
to display the LCDproc Client server thing.

But still cannot get it to Display myth info or to start up on boot.

I really have no clue what I am doing