[mythtv-users] XvMC not working - Nvidia

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Mon Mar 26 00:38:19 UTC 2007

Damian Surr napsal(a):
> Yan Seiner wrote:
>> Damian Surr napsal(a):

>>> That's good to hear :-)

>> Sorry, that should have been
>>
>> glxinfo | grep vendor
>>
>> and you should see
>>
>> dionysus:/var/log# glxinfo | grep vendor
>> server glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
>> client glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
>> OpenGL vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
>>
> Yep, here's mine:
>
> :~$  glxinfo | grep vendor
> server glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
> client glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
> OpenGL vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
>
>> Also look at
>>
>> dionysus:/var/log# glxinfo | head
>> name of display: :0.0
>> display: :0  screen: 0
>> direct rendering: Yes
>> server glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
>> server glx version string: 1.4
>> server glx extensions:
>>     GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_SGIX_fbconfig,
>>     GLX_SGIX_pbuffer, GLX_SGI_video_sync, GLX_SGI_swap_control,
>>     GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap, GLX_ARB_multisample, GLX_NV_float_buffer,
>>     GLX_ARB_fbconfig_float
>>
> again, here's mine:
> :~$ glxinfo | head
> name of display: :0.0
> display: :0  screen: 0
> direct rendering: Yes
> server glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
> server glx version string: 1.4
> server glx extensions:
>     GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_SGIX_fbconfig,
>     GLX_SGIX_pbuffer, GLX_SGI_video_sync, GLX_SGI_swap_control,
>     GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap, GLX_ARB_multisample, GLX_NV_float_buffer
> client glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
> :~$
>
>> And make sure the line
>> direct rendering: Yes
>>
>> says Yes.  If it says No, direct rendering is disabled.
>>
>> Your X log looks OK...
>>
>> --Yan
>>
> Thanks for your help again Yan. I also tried letting the nVidia util
> set my xorg.conf settings, but the results of that were the same
> (10fps in glxgears), so I switched back to the xorg.conf that I set up.
>
> I'm at a loss for what to do now. Could it be a bios setting or
> something? What makes you so sure that the hardware isn't at fault?
>
> Damian

OK, so it looks like you have everything set up right... But you don't
seem to have any acceleration.  That's bizarre.  10 fps is what I would
expect if I was using the nv driver....

You have a single head, right?

OK, looking back at the xorg.conf file:

In Section Module, take out

    Load           "glx"
    Load           "int10"
    Load           "vnc"
    Load           "vbe"

and remove the last Composite section.

Restart gdm (or whatever you use) and try it again.

--Yan