[mythtv-users] IVTV Bitrate & Resolution

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 15:47:25 UTC 2007

>         Right on... also, the required bitrate is a function of signal
> quality and content.  A bad signal with some noise won't compress very
> well and will require more bitrate.  Fast-moving scenes also require more.
> I don't think that the ivtv hardware does a very good job of variable
> bitrate.

Maybe I am totally wrong on this one but I thought that increasing the
bitrate past a point would mean that you would mostly improve the
quality of recording the noise since it is a high frequency component
and when you have a normal lower bitrate ( 720x480 @ 6Mbit/s) you will
in effect blur out some of this noise.

John