[mythtv-users] IVTV Bitrate & Resolution

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Sun Mar 25 13:40:51 UTC 2007

> 720x480 ?
>
> that's not 4:3 ...   720x540 would be 4:3 ...
>
> I am using 720x540 ... should I use something else?

 	Analog video does not inherently have square pixels.  These are
some of the standards-complient resolutions for an SD NTSC signal driving
a 4:3 set:

720x480 (DVD)
704x480 (DVD)
480x480 (SVCD)
352x480 (DVD)

 	To make matters worse, there's no way to know if the video is
supposed to be 4:3 or 16:9 in analog video.  It just depends on the set...
google "anamorphic widescreen"

-Cory