[mythtv-users] OT - PVR 500 part identification required - MythTV broken

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Sun Mar 25 11:39:27 UTC 2007

> Hi
>
> In moving a SATA cable on one of my drives I have damaged my Hauppauge
> PVR 500 MCE, a part like a crystal has become detached from the card.  I
> need to identify the part in order to try and replace the part, I have
> included two stock photos of the card and highlighted the component in
> red, as you can see there are multiple instances of this component on
> the actual board.
> The part has the following number on it '4716G551' , Any help in
> identifying it and where it might be sourced would be greatly appreciated.
>

> http://osits.com/pvr500a.jpg
> http://osits.com/pvr500b.jpg

Looks like a 47uF 10V electrolytic capacitor to me - probably tantalum but
maybe not! Should be easy enough to get hold of. Fitting it (if you are
not familiar with surface mount techniques) is another thing altogether
and that's assuming you haven't damaged the tracks.

I'd try it and see if it works without it first - you might be lucky - and
you'll be less likely to make matters worse that way!!

--
Robin Gilks