[mythtv-users] Is it possible to manually add channels to a hdhomerun lineup?

William Munson william_munson at bellsouth.net
Sat Mar 24 20:33:50 UTC 2007

jason maxwell wrote:
> you can add numbers manually thru mythtv-setup. go to the channel
> setup page and click on "add channel", then just fill out the info for
> that channel, and that's it. this is how i added all of my digital
> channels.
> -J

I tried that, no luck. Also tried manually setting the values in the
mysql database. The database would not accept the channel number
reported under the windows tools. The sub channel is 32776:0.0 and myth
will only allow me to enter a max value of 32767 which is a limitation
of the definition of that table. I would need to bump the schema version
and rewrite some of the code to make it work. I have reported the bug in
trac so hopefully something will get done.

In the mean time, I am going to try to see if there are any linux tools
that will let me scan channels. Perhaps they will give me a different
answer.

Bill