[mythtv-users] MythWelcome/MythShutdown configuration question

Craig Huff huffcs at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 24 11:59:08 UTC 2007

Now that I know how to set the alarm to get my system to wakeup using /proc/acpi/alarm, I need to configure settings in mythtvsetup, mythwelcome, and maybe more to get the alarm set and the wakeup time saved in the mythtv database (presumably so mythwelcome can determine if the system was woken by a user or because it's time to record a show).  At least I know how to set up the shutdown command! ;-)

I realized that I was no longer using nvram-wakeup to set the alarm and the copy of the mythtv.org wiki page for MythWelcome/MythShutdown, I had printed gave me the impression there was no way to use mythshutdown to set the wakeup time without using nvram-wakeup, so I went back to the wiki page to read the current version.

Now I'm even more confused.  I see on the updated page, information about the conflict in format between what mythshutdown wants and what needs to end up in nvram-wakeup's parameter list, along with a suggested command-pipe to use to convert the time to an nvram-wakeup friendly format.

Is it simply that I need to put the appropriate date/time format and command-line statement in mythtvsetup's entries for "wakeup time format" and "set wakeup time command"?

If so, would those be:
         yyyy-MM-dd hh:mm:ss
(note the space between date and time, rather than a "T" !) and
        echo $time > /proc/acpi/alarm

If I'm on the right track, but not quite, do I need to quote the $time string like this, instead:
        echo "$time" > /proc/acpi/alarm

What about the settings in MythWelcome's setup page?  Do I duplicate the above "echo $time..." command in the "nvram-wakeup command" entry?

OTOH, do I leave the mythtvsetup entry for "set wakeup time command" as:
        mythshutdown --setwakeup $time
and make the entry in MythWelcome's setup for "nvram-wakeup command" be:
        echo $time > /proc/acpi/alarm
(and would that need to be the command-pipe version to use the date command to convert to the right date/time format string for entry into /proc/acpi/alarm)?

TIA for any assistance.

Craig Huff

Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.