[mythtv-users] Problems with imdb.pl

Tamir Alush tamiral at alush.net
Sat Mar 24 11:52:49 UTC 2007

Hi,
I've had two problems with the IMDB script:

Running the IMDB script on a movie name which has more than one word in
its title,
gives out no results. I have to add a backslash (\) before the second
and third words in order
to get the IMDB title number in return.
For example: "imdb.pl -M Running Scared" returns nothing, but if I type
"imdb.pl -M Running\ Scared" I get the
correct IMDB title number.
When running the IMDB script from MythTV, I run "ps aux | grep imdb" and
find that this is the way MythTV tries to retrieve
movie information from IMDB using this script (my first example, that
is...)
I'm no coder, so I couldn't find the actual code in the script I should
change in order to
add a backslash to all second and third words. Is there a fix for that
problem?

Another problem I have is that I'm trying to find a way to run the IMDB
script on my whole database automatically
instead of a title-by-title method. Is there a solution for this?

Thanks,
Tamir.