[mythtv-users] Linux MCE project

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Mar 24 05:13:33 UTC 2007

On 03/23/2007 10:02 AM, Stroller wrote:
> So I was really impressed with MythTV from the video - I thought the
> OSDs were FANTASTIC. But I noticed that they were in colour - does
> this indicate that he has a 5000-series nVidia card, or does the
> black & white OSD of later nVidia cards manifest itself in some other
> menus?

Grey OSD's when using XvMC.  Color OSD any other time.  I've gotten
color OSD's on GF4MX440, GF5200, and GF7800GTX.

The 6000+ series does not support overlays, which are used with the
Chromakey OSD hack to get color OSD with XvMC, but really, I recommend
just getting sufficient processor to allow software decoding without
XvMC assist.  If you do, you'll get real color OSD's.

Mike