[mythtv-users] asking for help to get remote-control pressed key code from source code

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 03:03:37 UTC 2007

On 23/03/07, Xi Jiarong <XiJiarong at sp.edu.sg> wrote:

Xi Jiarong,

Please stop top-posting when replying to messages :)

> Sorry, I can't understand what you said!
>  I am new to mythtv, Could you please inform me in detail if possible!
>  Many thanks!

As Robin stated below, look at the source code of a simple mythplugin
(such as MythWeather -
http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythplugins/mythweather/mythweather/main.cpp)
and look at how keypresses are dealt with. Once you understand about
how MythWeather handles the remote control, you can explore adding
this functionality to your own plugin.

Pre-existing C++ programming knowledge is a requirement if you aim to
write your own plugins. You should be able to look at the MythTV
source code and work out for yourself how things work. There is also
an assortment of developer documentation on the wiki:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Category:Developer_Documentation.

Good luck!

>  >Grep for REG_KEY in any of the plugins - you should be able to infer how
>  >to use it for your own stuff.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki: