[mythtv-users] HD Compression Artifacts

Scott Alfter mythtv at salfter.dyndns.org
Fri Mar 23 20:54:15 UTC 2007

John Goerzen wrote:
> This is the first I've really noticed it, though.  I haven't watched
> much basketball in HD, but the live football I've watched doesn't seem to
> have had the problem.  And prerecorded shows usually look great.

I've never noticed compression problems with the HD stuff I watch, but them I
don't usually watch sports.  I've gone ahead and scheduled this
afternoon/evening's games to be recorded because UNLV will be playing (go
Rebels! :-) ), so it'll be interesting to see if the game looks significantly
worse than NCIS or The Unit.

  _/_
 / v \ Scott Alfter