[mythtv-users] XvMC not working - Nvidia

William Munson william_munson at bellsouth.net
Fri Mar 23 16:45:09 UTC 2007

Damian Surr wrote:
>> Save yourself a lot of grief. Install "envy" and let it install the
>> latest nvidia drivers for you. You can find envy at this url.
>>
>> http://albertomilone.com/nvidia_scripts1.html
>>
> I actually did that (sorry I didn't mention it, I forgot what it was
> called). I installed the drivers manually following a guide, but got
> nervous that I'd not done it properly because the 3D performance
> didn't seem to be what I would expect (Planet Penguin Racer stutters
> and I wouldn't expect it to on a 5200 even though I've only got a 1Gig
> Athlon processor. Also, the simple 'fade in' of the log in screen in
> Ubuntu seems to stutter. I really didn't expect that). I than did the
> envy install and all seemed to go well. The 3D performance didn't
> change, but I'm fairly confident that the drivers are installed correctly.
>
> Damian

Do you get the nvidia logo flashing on the screen at bootup?

If not check your xorg.conf file for Driver "nvidia" rather than Driver
"nv". Also check for Option "NoLogo" and make sure its 0 or false.

Does glxgears run and what kind of frame rate does it report?

I am running the same version driver as you on a AthlonXP 2200+ and can
watch hi-def programming "Live" with just a few stutters and
pre-recorded perfectly. You should be able to do SD tv without problems
on your 1000.