[mythtv-users] games not scanning

Tom Weichmann tomcw at adelphia.net
Fri Mar 23 11:52:21 UTC 2007

On Friday 23 March 2007 07:03, David Campbell wrote:
> Tom Weichmann wrote:
> > Thanks, I tried to view games as if to choose one to play (but like I
> > said there is nothing in the list) and this is all I got fromthe console:
> >
> > 2007-03-22 19:29:27.616 XMLParse::LoadTheme
> > using /usr/share/mythtv/themes/default/game-ui.xml
> >
> > So then I went into setup to scan for games looks like they have been
> > found:
> >
> > Found Rom : (Zsnes)  - Beavis and Butthead.smc
> > Found Rom : (Zsnes)  - California Games II.smc
> > Found Rom : (Zsnes)  - Castlevania - Vampire's Kiss.smc
> > Found Rom : (Zsnes)  - Der Langrisser.smc
> > Found Rom : (Zsnes)  - Drift King - Shutokou Battle 2.smc
> > Found Rom : (Zsnes)  - ESPN Sunday Night NFL.smc
> > Found Rom : (Zsnes)  - F-1 Grand Prix Part III.smc
> > Found Rom : (Zsnes)  - F-Zero.smc
> > Found Rom : (Zsnes)  - GT Racing.smc
> > Found Rom : (Zsnes)  - Jeopardy! Deluxe Edition.smc
> > Found Rom : (Zsnes)  - La Wares.smc
> > Found Rom : (Zsnes)  - Lamborghini - American Challenge (E) [!].smc
> > Found Rom : (Zsnes)  - Madden NFL '98.smc
> > Found Rom : (Zsnes)  - Mortal Kombat 3.smc
> > Found Rom : (Zsnes)  - Super Metroid.smc
> > Found Rom : (Zsnes)  - Super Punch-Out!! (U).smc
> >
> > I tried again to play a game and again got an empty list and the
> > following error:
> >
> > 2007-03-22 19:35:14.516 XMLParse::LoadTheme
> > using /usr/share/mythtv/themes/default/game-ui.xml
> >

> > OK, so I went back into settings and went to clear data and then
> > re-imported. Here is what I got:
> >
> > No romDB data read from database. Not imported?
> > 2007-03-22 19:37:34.082 New DB connection, total: 3
> > 2007-03-22 19:37:34.091 Connected to database 'mythconverg' at host:
> > localhost Update gametype SNES
> >

> > Any idea what is going on?
>
> can you connect to mysql and use the mythconverg database
>
> then run
>
> mysql> select playername, rompath, commandline, gametype from
> gameplayers where playername ='SNES';
>
> Make sure the data looks like you might expect
>
> Then run
>
> mysql> select system, romname from gamemetadata where system = 'SNES'
> limit 10;
>
> to see what is actually there
>
> Dave

OK I connected to the database and looks like everything is OK, but I did have
to change your commandlines from  where playername ='SNES'; to  where
playername ='ZSNES'; and from where system = 'SNES' to
where system = 'ZSNES'

Should I change the name of my player to be SNES rather then ZSNES?

Anywhy here is my output:

mysql> select playername,rompath,commandline,gametype from gameplayers where
playername = 'Zsnes';
+------------+------------------+----------------+----------+
| playername | rompath          | commandline    | gametype |
+------------+------------------+----------------+----------+
| Zsnes      | /windows/F/Roms/ | /usr/bin/zsnes | SNES     |
+------------+------------------+----------------+----------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select system, romname from gamemetadata where system = 'ZSNES'  limit
10;
+--------+------------------------------------+
| system | romname                            |
+--------+------------------------------------+
| Zsnes  | Beavis and Butthead.smc            |
| Zsnes  | California Games II.smc            |
| Zsnes  | Castlevania - Vampire's Kiss.smc   |
| Zsnes  | Der Langrisser.smc                 |
| Zsnes  | Drift King - Shutokou Battle 2.smc |
| Zsnes  | ESPN Sunday Night NFL.smc          |
| Zsnes  | F-1 Grand Prix Part III.smc        |
| Zsnes  | F-Zero.smc                         |
| Zsnes  | GT Racing.smc                      |
| Zsnes  | Jeopardy! Deluxe Edition.smc       |
10 rows in set (0.00 sec)

What do you think?

Thanks,

Tom Weichmann