[mythtv-users] XvMC not working - Nvidia

Damian Surr damian at gingermagic.co.uk
Fri Mar 23 10:54:25 UTC 2007

I tried to get XvMC working last night. Playback did seem slightly
different when I turned it on (seemed to stutter much more when changing
channels on live TV, then smooth out once OSD had gone away. Didn't
notice any great improvement though.

I've just seen this in the output of mythfrontend
2007-03-23 09:10:48.654 VideoOutputXv: XvMCTex: Init failed
2007-03-23 09:10:48.655 VideoOutputXv: XVideo Adaptor Name: 'NV17 Video
so I guess XvMC isn't working at the moment.

I have a nVidia 5200 card and driver 1.0.9746

The 'XvMCConfig' file in /etc/X11 contains:
libXvMC.so.1

I read while trying to sort this last night that this file should
possibly contain:
libXvMCNVIDIA_dynamic.so.1
buy my memory was that that just gave me a blank screen with live TV so
I switched it back.

I'm in the UK and have a Nova-T card.

Should there be something in my xorg file about XvMC or something?

Cheers
Damian