[mythtv-users] Linux MCE project

Matt White whitem at arts.usask.ca
Fri Mar 23 01:07:28 UTC 2007

Nick Morrott wrote:
> On 22/03/07, Jarett Creason <nobleiceman at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm pretty sure that Plutohome is still it's own thing which already
>> includes MythTV by default, this guy probably just took the source and
>> re-branded it as LinuxMCE and loaded it on Ubuntu rather than like Pluto's
>> Debian Sarge OS, but I could be wrong.  Pluto though always has used MythTV,
>> and all of those cool features he's talking about like using his phone as a
>> remote, the auto detection of bluetooth stuff, the auto network share
>> detection, etc... that's not new with this guy's thing, in fact, I don't
>> know what the difference is at all except a different flavor of Debian...
>
> From http://wiki.linuxmce.com/index.php/History it seems the project
> is directed toward making Pluto available to run on 'standard'
> distros, rather than Pluto's (highly?) customised OS package, with
> some minor additions/alterations in the process.

Either he's done a bunch of Cut&Paste directly from Pluto's site, or
he's planning on selling stuff too.

 From http://wiki.linuxmce.com/index.php/Setting_up_MythTV

"If you purchased a Media Director with LinuxMCE pre-installed"

I believe that Media Director is what Pluto calls their preconfigured box...

Matt White                          whitem at arts.usask.ca
Arts and Science Computer Labs      University of Saskatchewan