[mythtv-users] Is there a good hardware upnp client?

Brent brent at brentnorris.net
Thu Mar 22 21:06:51 UTC 2007

Shanon Mulley wrote:
> Thanks for your replies,
>
> Yes - I am talking about the original xbox. Lack of HD isnt an issue
> for now. Silly question - is an xbox media centre (I dont think I'll
> try to put a mythtv frontend on it - just use upnp on it which I have
> read works) much hassle to install? And maintain?
I have two of them and use them all the time.  I am just now looking to
get rid of them because I am wanting to do HD content.  It does upnp,
and there is also a frontend script that helps with your recordings a
lot.  I don't know if it can fast forward or not with upnp, because I
don't use that I just use the frontend script.

XBMC is cake to install and maintain.  It is the greatest piece of
software for the Xbox short of the software that is used to hack it.
Extremely well done and fairly stable.  If you are only going to do SD
content than it is a no-brainer on setup.

Brent