[mythtv-users] HD success!

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Thu Mar 22 18:36:31 UTC 2007

Nick Morrott wrote:
> On 22/03/07, Yan Seiner <yan at seiner.com> wrote:
>

>> Asus K8V-X SE - socket 754.  I don't know if I got a defective one, but
>>

> Methinks the curse of VIA strikes yet again...

Yeah, I went with the SIS chipset based on the comments on this list.
Turns out to have been the right choice.

There's also some discussion on Asus and linux that's not always
positive, but I've never had any bad experiences with Asus until now.
(Well, I keep blowing up Asus mobos at work, but that's another story.
I do a lot of development, and I've blown up mobos by running 70 VDC
ground loops into the serial ports and similar stuff....)

--Yan