[mythtv-users] Linux MCE project

Jarett Creason nobleiceman at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 17:18:27 UTC 2007

On 3/22/07, Phil Tanguay <gogades at gmail.com> wrote:

> It's "out of the box" if you get the EXACT system (computer, remote, TV,
> ip addresses, router, kitchen blender, etc...) this guy has.  ;-)
>
> Still, it's pretty impressive and I'm going to have to take a closer look
> at that software for sure.

It's all the Plutohome stuff (http://plutohome.com/) which is pretty
freaking cool.  It is an open source commercial home automation suite, which
uses MythTV as the media player.  It doesn't use all of MythTV's plugins,
but the software is awesome, and open source.  I've installed it a couple
times, it's built on Debian, and it really is insert the CD and everything
is installed for you, on 90% of hardware.  I did have one box that it
wouldn't install on right away though.  I don't actually use it, because if
I did I know I would want to spend every dime I make on home automation
hardware and wouldn't stop until I could turn on my washing machine from
Pakistan...  So I still only use MythTV, which I still think is actually
better than WMC.