[mythtv-users] 128 mb Fx5200 V 256 Mb XFS 6200

David Campbell dave at cpfc.org
Thu Mar 22 17:03:03 UTC 2007

Calvin Harrigan wrote:
> Expensive might be relative.  You can get a really motherboard and x2
> 3800 processor for around $150.  I was reluctant to buy a new board,etc
> just to run HD, but it was well worth the price.  No more issues, no
> more tweaking for ever last cpu cycle.  It just works.  On top of that
> the box is silent and uses less power.

Alas I don't live in the land of milk and honey that is the USA  - stuff
can be a lot more expensive in the UK

My existing system also doesn't have a user serviceable MOBO - it came
as a barebones.

820's are about the cheapest Dual core processor here compbined with a
cheap abit mobo comes to about $180 - then add memory - PCI-E card etc
and it would make more expensive to ask my Digital TV provider to
upgrade me to a HD PVR (Sky HD)

Cheers

Dave