[mythtv-users] 128 mb Fx5200 V 256 Mb XFS 6200

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Mar 22 15:25:09 UTC 2007

On Mar 22, 2007, at 9:11 AM, David Campbell wrote:

> Brian Wood wrote:
>> On Mar 22, 2007, at 8:31 AM, David Campbell wrote:
>>
>>> I guess I need to read some more why an XP3000+ combined with an
>>> MX4000
>>> doesn't cut it with BBC HD
>>>
>>> If anyone has any pointers I'd be grateful
>>
>> I think you are very close to the edge with that setup. XvMC will not
>> help you with H264, which is what I think the BBC is testing for  HD.
>
> Thanks - I feared as much.  Time to shell out for some dual core
> goodness.

That's certainly the easiest solution.

If you compiled Myth yourself you might try some different compiler
optimizations. I was playing with an old VIA Samuel CPU and
discovered that if I used the "s" optimization (optimize for size) it
helped by making better use of the tiny cache on that chip, but that
was for SD stuff.

Also, check to see if you're swapping and if so consider more RAM.

Brian Wood
beww at beww.org