[mythtv-users] Help with interlaced DVI output configuration

jason maxwell decepticon at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 12:47:06 UTC 2007

I have also found flaws with the quality of deinterlacing that myth
currently provides, and have hit similar roadblocks. I'm not so
unhappy that I cant live with it, but the occasional combing does get
on my nerves. Especially because I specifically built an overkill
system to ensure the best quality HD playback, but still cant match
the TV's built in deinterlacing. I thought TVs scalers/deinterlacers
are on the low end, and that's why a lot of videophiles use
standalone processors. Surely those algorithms in use on the quality
processors would be available programmatically, no? Maybe the demand
isn't high enough for someone to put the effort in to implement them
in myth.
-J