[mythtv-users] Poor quality/performance on mytharchive compared to DVDstyler

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 22:09:08 UTC 2007

> I am not sure. I have never used  DVDstyler.

It is possible that  DVDstyler is not producing true DVD compatible
DVDs and instead outuptting the video unchanged at 480x480. These
480x480 dvds will work on some dvd players but not on others. I know
as I used 480x480 and mythburn for over a year before I began using
mytharchive. My sony dvd player payed them fine (although it was very
sensitive to scratched media) and my toshiba dvd player could not play
them. When I upgraded to mytharchive I complained about how long it
took and basically I got the advice I have given you. After the change
it takes me less the 10 minutes to complete (even the burn) for a 1
hour / 2.2 GB show. However I admit I do have a dual processor opteron
box with 4GB of memory.

John