[mythtv-users] Microsoft SideShow-capable remotes and MythTV

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Wed Mar 21 17:31:41 UTC 2007

This
(<URL:http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadgets/ricavision-vista-remote-with-sideshow-245883.php>)
is an example of remote controls that are Microsoft
SideShow-capable. SideShow
(<URL:http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/features/details/sideshow.mspx>)
is, basically, a second screen on the remote control.

I have no idea how easy SideShow-compatible remotes will be to develop
against, but perhaps we could see down the road MythTV able to put up
a mini Program Guide or Program Finder on the remote without having to
jump away from the recording. (I know 0.20 can jump to the Guide or
Finder without losing the place in the recording, but this is a step
beyond that.)