[mythtv-users] Video Card with component out

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Wed Mar 21 16:56:52 UTC 2007

Mitch Gore wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am currently using a eVGA 6600GT video card for component output.  I
> love the card except for that whirring  fan.  I was  first thinking I
> would put a Zalman cooler on it but it wont fit in my case.  I cant
> seem to find a passive or quiet cooler for the card so i believe i am
> stuck with getting a new card.
>
> What I have to have
> AGP, Component Out, NVIDIA
>
> Preferably a passive cooler or a very quiet fan.
>
> The only card i can find is the Gigabyte GeForce 7600GS on newegg,
> here <http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125039>
>
> That card seems really expensive for what i want.  They make many
> PCI-E cards that are way cheaper that do the same thing.  So what I am
> hoping this the AGP versions are just getting faded out and NewEgg
> isnt carrying them anymore.
>
> So my question...Does anyone know of a Passively cooled card that is
> AGP with the component out dongle?  I really don't want to have to buy
> a $130 VGA card or a new MB!
>
> I hope i can find a old version that I can grab of eBay.

Newegg *used* to have the "PNY VCG62256APB GeForce 6200 256MB 64-bit
GDDR2 AGP 4X/8X Video Card"
(http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:C0Q1ATIg6bcJ:www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp%3FItem%3DN82E16814133151+pny+6200+fanless&),
which was a fanless AGP card with component out (via the dongle).  I've
got the exact same one, just with the fan.  I was considering swapping
it out, too, but it looks like Newegg doesn't carry it any longer. :(

-Rich