[mythtv-users] Playback Lead Time

James Warden warjamy at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 21 14:56:47 UTC 2007

What is it doing during that time?

Probably lots of mysql queries and inserts ... is this f/e remote or are you running the b/e on the same box ? If it is remote, you can add network activity in the list ... honestly, i don't really know. I have a b/e-f/e box based on epia en12000-eg, 1.2 fanless GHz. The black screen lasts 3 sec maximum. Using my laptops as remote f/e's (better CPUs), it takes about the same amount of time I would say, probably due to networking.

J.