[mythtv-users] Is there a good hardware upnp client?

Shanon Mulley shanonmulleyster at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 02:30:03 UTC 2007

I'm looking into the same thing here.

I'm tossing up between converting an xbox into an xbox media centre (I
beleive that has uPnP), or a dedicated media player, like the D-Link
media player (http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/460098470abb50a42742c0a87f9c06e4/Product/View/XH8230)

I dont actually have an xbox at the moment, so I'll have to buy one -
I have done some investigations on ebay, and reckon the whole
excercise (xbox plus stuff to mod it + shipping) will cost at least
$150. The D-link media player thing will cost $350. I'm kind of
leaning towards the D-Link way, just because I'd like to have
something which just worked out of the box - I'm not sure if I want
another home-brew thing which may need maintenance. Plus, I have
little interest in the xbox for games.

Has anyone else looked into this? Is an xbox much good as a media
centre/uPnP add on for myth?