[mythtv-users] Bad video connecting through PVR-150

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Wed Mar 21 02:02:36 UTC 2007

Hugh wrote:
> All,
>
> I'm in the middle of setting up a PVR and am having a few issues. First,
> I'm having some difficulty with hooking up my PVR-150 to my DirecTV H20
> receiver with an S-Video cable. When I do that, the video comes through
> like it's not quite synched. It'll kind of appear fine for a couple of
> seconds, then look like it's out of synch with some bars of color on the
> screen for a few seconds and back to fine, etc. Not sure quite how to
> describe it. If I hook the cable directly to the TV, the problem goes away.

Yikes.  Just a shot in the dark, but the easiest thing to try would be
another cable, just to be on the safe side.

When I was setting mine up in late December, I had one cable that just
didn't want to seat all of the way in to the card.  It went in to the
port on the TV with no problems, but just refused to seat all of the way
in to the PVR-150.  I tried another cable, and it slid in and seemed to
give that satisfying feeling of being locked in there...

It could also be a bad card (if it is a new card)...

-Rich