[mythtv-users] Systray to check if recording

Cristo Bolaños cbolanos at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 20:08:49 UTC 2007

Right, thanks for comments :)

[...]
> Couple thoughts:
>
> 1. would be could to have a "pre-req's" comment in the code.. IE
> "where do I find and install module WX etc"

No problem, like every application (how to compile, install, etc...)

> 2. appears to be coded for "/dev/video" but a lot of people are using
> DVB. would be great to look for that as well.
> (/dev/dvb/adapterX/video0)

I think to do a client/server application:

Server => Backend running a python script to control status of video
devices (should be good to configure which ones you want and to have a
label associated like "DVB-T #1" or take it directly from mythtv
settings). There can be many servers, so many as backends machines.

Client => Running where ever you want, listening for Servers messages:
recording (it would be good to show which program is recording),
backend status, etc...

> overall looks pretty cool.

Thank you :)

"El Mundo está en las manos de aquellos que tienen el coraje de soñar
y correr el riesgo de vivir sus sueños."