[mythtv-users] US Gov gives $80 credit towards purchase of HDequipment??

Cole Brodine cbrodine at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 16:40:46 UTC 2007

> But isn't just another sneaky indirect tax on us?
> When the gov't auctions off the spectrum the purchasers will then have to
> recover that expenditure by charging more for whatever service will be
> running there.

I wouldn't call it a tax.  The only people who end up paying more are the
people actually using the service.  If you never own a cellphone, you don't
help pay the phone company's fee to the FCC for that spectrum, etc.  Unless
you want to look at it like the "sin taxes", then I suppose only the people
using the service are being taxed.

Cole Brodine