[mythtv-users] nfs related frontend issues

Blammo blammo.doh at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 16:36:45 UTC 2007

On 3/20/07, John Goulah <jgoulah at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I had recently switched all of my data partitions to an NFS mounted
> filesystem.  Everything works fine, until the system is sitting for about a
> day or so, and then when I try to go into the videos they are gone, and I
> have to restart the frontend.  A similar problem happens with the music
> portion, except it just freezes when I click it.  Again restarting the
> frontend solves the problem. The NFS partitions stay mounted (I dont have to
> remount anything).  Is there anything I can do to resolve this, or ideas on
> where to look for the problem?

You might check your firewall setup on both backend and frontend. I
had an issue on a system I set up a few months ago, where iptables
kept killing NFS sessions after a "idle timeout".

You don't say what OS you're running, but if you're running a
redhat-derivitive (centos, rhel, fedora etc) you should be able to
stop the iptables service (as root) by typing "service iptables stop".
Give it 24 hours and see if that helps.

To stop the service from starting on boot (again on a redhat) you can
type "chkconfig iptables off"