[mythtv-users] Link for Lirc compile problems on newer kernels

mike michaelachandler at cox.net
Tue Mar 20 02:01:16 UTC 2007

> I don't know anything about the instructions on the wiki, but the last
> line quoted above is your problem.  It looks like you are using the
> debian way to compile the lirc package.  This will, by default,
> overwrite any patches you have made to the source.  You can edit
> /usr/src/modules/lirc/drivers/lirc_dev/lirc_dev.c manually and replace
> the line that looks like:
>
> #include <include/config.h>
>
> and replace it with:
>
> #include <include/autoconf.h>
>
> and it will compile assuming you just use 'make'.
>
> You will need to replace similar lines in other files.  The files you
> need to edit will depend on the lirc modules you are trying to compile.
>
> I use ubuntu and it has a similar 'problem'.  On ubuntu I can simply
> move /usr/src/lirc-0.8.1.tar.gz to a new file name and it will skip over
> the part of the build that unpacks the pristine, unpatched source and
> will leave any manually placed patches in place.

I appreciate your response, it doesn't work here for some reason.

As a test, I downloaded a new CVS version of LIRC, and it does OK on
./autogen.sh
./setup.sh
but fails on "make" just like the debian package I have.

I built my running kernel myself, the "debian way", and I would think this
should work.
I am googling my brains out, trying to find what's going on.

Thanks again