[mythtv-users] Built-in modeline?

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 00:00:45 UTC 2007

> Can anyone point me to a good reference on the built in modelines in
> recent Xorg versions? I am looking for specifics like the actual
> modeline values used. Also, the correct way to enable them.

I looked for this recently and it was tricky to find good info. What
you may find easier is to run X with logverbose 6 and then look in the
log file. That will give you details on all the modes that it tries
and which ones are valid for your setup and which ones aren't. It's a
pretty big file - approx 3000 lines in my case, but it really helped
me track down which modes to use from the pool.

PS - when you find a mode pool resolution you're happy with, you
specify it in your xorg.conf as, for example, 1280x720_60 - the _60 is
the frequency. Have a look at mine at
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Modeline_Database#Panasonic_TH-50PX600A

HTH,
Phill