[mythtv-users] Update: Audio missing on recordings

steve networks1 at cox.net
Mon Mar 19 22:39:32 UTC 2007

I learned some more about this problem, so I thought it would update in case
it gives anyone a clue as to the source of the problem.  I was watching a
recorded show, and suddenly the playback stopped with a frozen picture.
Very much disk activity ensued during which time the controls were
non-responsive.  Eventually (after several minutes)  it settled down and I
was able to get to the interface and I (soft) rebooted to make sure there
was not some kind of built-up problem.  When I replayed the program, the
same thing happened in the same spot.  I repeated the process but this time
I fast forwarded past the trouble point and the program played but with no
sound, as described below.  So this is apparently the point where the sound
crapped out as described below.

Can anyone offer an opinion as to whether this is more likely due to
hardware (i.e. PVR-350) or software (MythTV)?  Given that the audio didn't
just shut off with continued playback, I guess I'm inclined to think it's a
software error.

  _____