[mythtv-users] US Gov gives $80 credit towards purchase of HD equipment??

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon Mar 19 17:24:44 UTC 2007

On Mon, Mar 19, 2007 at 11:47:59AM -0400, Peter A. Daly wrote:
>    If the government implements something to cause TV's to fail
>    prematurely for whatever reason, they feel (and rightly so) they
>    have an obligation to "fix" the sets they cause to break before
>    their normal end of life.

And, as someone who owns a couple of CDPD radios which are now dead,
and an iDen radio that will die soon, I can understand this,
particularly when comparing the expected service life of those to the
much longer expected service life of an analog TV.

We have a >50year old Zenith on our back porch.  If I replace a 5u4 and
a 12au7, it will work again... for another 2 years.

Cheers,
-- jra