[mythtv-users] Slave Backend & Mysql

Bruce Nordstrand brucen at ksl.com.au
Mon Mar 19 11:27:03 UTC 2007

Hi all

I am a bit confused. The documentation on mythtv.org states this:

"*NOTE*: Slave backends *must not* run a local MySQL daemon. By default,
they will connect to their local daemon rather than the central
database, causing unexpected behavior such as empty "Watch Recordings"
lists and a failure to locate the Video Sources defined on the master
backend. Modify the |/usr/local/share/mythtv/mysql.txt| file on all
slave backends to ensure that the |DBHostName| has the address of the
MySQL server."

The way I read this is that you can have Mysql running on a slave
backend as long as you modify mysql.txt, but I may be wrong as this
statement is actually saying two different things....

Am I reading this correctly?

I ask as I need to offload commflagging and user jobs to a slave
backend, which just so happens to be the desktop I am typing on - and
this machine has MySQL running on it.

Cheers
Bruce