[mythtv-users] HD TV Out Video Card Options?

William Munson william_munson at bellsouth.net
Sun Mar 18 12:11:43 UTC 2007

Mark Bell wrote:

> Can anyone give me any input on a decent PCIEx16 or PCIEx4 video card
> for mythtv .20
>

> I will need to output to a HD Monitor via Component somehow and a PC
> LCD via DVI or VGA
>

> New motherboard does not have an AGP slot and onboard video is Intel
> GMA X3000
>

> Thanks

I am curently using a FX5200 with a home-made vga to RGBHV converter
(Basically component but with the H and V sync signals broken out to
their own input) to output 480p and 1080i on a Philips HD monitor.
Picture looks great and the card has no problems outputting the signal.
Since you are looking for component, you will need a model that has a
converter dongle. Your video card is not going to be the bottleneck as
long as it has hardware MPEG decoders so pick the one that provides the
outputs you need. Be sure to pick a fanless model if sound level is an
issue.