[mythtv-users] MythNetTV beta 4

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Sun Mar 18 01:44:28 UTC 2007

Hi again.

MythNetTv is my video downloader / aggregator / importer thingie for MythTV.

I've spent a little longer testing this beta, and I think it's getting
kinda ready for a real release number or something. New things in this
version (from the changelog):

  - Made --update more terse
  - Made --update more liberal about what it considers to be a video,
    specifically added video/quicktime and text/html (to work around the
    rather broken http://www.mobuzztv.com/uk/rss/quicktime
  - Added a filter option to --download to constrain it to only
    downloading shows with a specific title
  - Added transcoding for mov and wmv2 files
  - If there is a straggling import, and it causes as error, just skip
    it and mark it as imported
  - Don't reset transferred data statistic when we start downloading a
    show again
  - Started implementing moniker support for downloads
  - Unsupported monikers will result in an attempt to download the URL
    using mplayer (which works for RTSP and MMS at the least)

Yes, that's right. You can now download only shows with a specific
title, and you can also download any protocol which mplayer supports --
specifically, RTSP and MMS are now supported.

Now, if only there was a non-sucky way to work out what streams
abc.net.au were offering at any given time...

Get it here if you care: http://www.stillhq.com/mythtv/mythnettv/

Mikal