[mythtv-users] Myth logs errors, seemingly random crashes

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 17:35:59 UTC 2007

On 17/03/07, Bill Omer <bill.omer at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm using:
>
> root at mythtv:/etc# mythbackend --version
> Library API version: 0.20.20070124-1
> Source code version: 12971
> Options compiled in:
>  linux release using_v4l using_oss using_alsa using_arts using_jack
> using_ivtv using_firewire using_libavc_5_3 using_dbox2 using_hdhr
> using_iptv using_live using_lirc using_joystick_menu using_dvb
> using_x11 using_xv using_xrandr using_frontend using_backend
> using_bindings_perl
>

> Since I've upgraded to the latest SVN version, I've been having great
> success (high five!).  Before, using protol version 30 with KnoppMyth,
> the backend would go away on a fairly regular basis.  Now I might
> losse the connection once a day, and I can't figure out why.
>
> There are a good number of errors in the log.  Here are two snippets
> (sorry for such a long paste).   I'm using the existing database from
> a KnoppMyth RE50 installation, however I did add: alter table
> recordedprogram add count varchar(100);

You need to check your database for errors - Listt wisdom suggests
using /contrib/optimize_mythdb.pl in a daily/regular cron script. You
should also always allow mythbackend/mythtv-setup to upgrade your
database automatically, as you should never need to manually change
tables (unless you are trying to revert to an earlier schema version).

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/