[mythtv-users] Master BE/Slave BE/ FE using NFS share instead of BE question

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 12:01:50 UTC 2007

On 3/16/07, Melvin J. Cureton <melvincureton at melcrys.com> wrote:
> In reading the thread about the prebuffering I thought I might put my MySql
> DB on my central DB server to take that load off the master BE but since it
> will no longer be on a BE will it matter which BE starts first?

the master backend will always need to run before the others. it's the *master*.

> As it is not
> the one with the DB is the master but since I'm going to move it off of
> there will the master just be the one that starts 1st?

only if you start it first.

> And is there a way to
> tell the front ends to just search the network for the current master?

with 0.20 you will need to tell them the IP address for the current master.

> Someone also mentioned having the front ends pull the files of the NFS share
> instead of streaming them from the BE. Is there a checkbox or something to
> enable this?

They will do this automagically if it finds them on the local
filesystem. This may not help any. For example, for HD I find
streaming to be the superior method.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!