[mythtv-users] HD TV Out Video Card Options?

Justin Moore justin at cs.duke.edu
Sat Mar 17 01:58:12 UTC 2007

>> Can anyone give me any input on a decent PCIEx16 or PCIEx4 video card for
>> mythtv .20
>>

>> I will need to output to a HD Monitor via Component somehow and a PC LCD
>> via DVI or VGA
>>

>> New motherboard does not have an AGP slot and onboard video is Intel GMA
>> X3000
>
> The DVI or VGA part is easy, just about any nVidia card with a PCI Express
> interface should work, from the 5300 on up.
>
> Component output is a little harder to find, and of course costs more. You
> might want to consider an external converter of some sort if you can't find a
> card with component output.

I have the Gigabyte GeForce 7100GS.  It comes with a small 'HDTV'
adaptor that has s-video, composite, and component output.  See

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125047

It's fanless and is <$50.

-jdm

Department of Computer Science, Duke University, Durham, NC 27708-0129
Email:	justin at cs.duke.edu
Web:	http://www.cs.duke.edu/~justin/