[mythtv-users] QAM vs. Firewire

Brian Long briandlong at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 20:02:33 UTC 2007

On 3/16/07, George Galt <george.galt at gmail.com> wrote:

> > For the most part it worked though, and
> > due to the particular shows we watch, there was rarely a conflict due to
> > trying to tune to something on s-video at the same time as the
> firewire.  Of
> > course, I have a pvr-500 as well.  So in my setup, I used the pvr-500
> for
> > all the analog channels only, the s-video for all the digital channels
> only,
> > and the firewire just for the HD channels which were in the clear (in my
> > area, just the broadcast channels).

 What is the proper way to set this up in MythTV?  Zap2It only allows for
one lineup on my account, so I have a single Cable lineup with all the
channels.  I'd like to know if I am supposed to configure multiple Video
Sources in mythtvsetup, each pointing to the same Cable lineup, but with a
different set of active channels?

Thank you.

/Brian/