[mythtv-users] getting video to appear within Video Manager

Anduin Withers awithers at anduin.com
Fri Mar 16 19:46:40 UTC 2007

> Is there any way to automate the "Video Manager" scan for movies?  I
> tend to add videos quite regularly, and well I rarely add metadata
> anyway.  Is it possible to run some script or something to do this every
> night?

There is now a script in SVN (find_meta.py) contributed by Pekka
Jääskeläinen that you could run. Your situation is also exactly why the
settings screen has a "[view type] browses files". The "[view type] browses
files" option can be combined with "Video List Loads Video Meta Data" to get
the best of both.

--
Anduin Withers